The CU Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus 2012 Research and Creative Activities Symposium (RaCAS) is April 27. But the deadline for students to sign up to participate is this Friday, March 30. This Friday also is the deadline for faculty to nominate students to win one of four cash prizes. All information is available on the RaCAS website.
“We need your support to encourage your students to participate in RaCAS,” Mary Coussons-Read, PhD, associate vice chancellor for Research said in an appeal to faculty. “Help us recognize our students for their outstanding efforts in research and creative work.”
This year’s RaCAS will offer workshops for students covering topics including how to present research and creative work in a conference format and creating posters.
The day-long event is being held at the Anschutz Medical Campus, RC2 Trivisible Room, but students from the Denver Campus also are strongly encouraged to participate. A shuttle service will be available to make the trek easier.
Cousssons-Read notes the purpose of this activity is:
• To showcase and promote the scholarly and creative activities of CU Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus students
• To foster individual professional development via the presentation experience
• To encourage student-faculty collaboration on scholarly projects
• To establish CU Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus in the community as an institution cultivating and recognizing extraordinary scholarly achievement in our students
• To celebrate excellence
Undergraduate and graduate students can submit their work in the following types of presentations:
• posters of student or student-faculty generated research findings
• exhibitions of all forms of artwork
• interactive or streaming media presentations (max. length: 12 minutes)
• video presentations (max. length: 12 minutes)
• performance presentations (max. length: 12 minutes)
• literary readings (max. length: 12 minutes)
When faculty nominate students for the RaCAS awards, winners will give presentations of 12 minutes describing their research or creative project during the morning general session and will receive a $250 cash award. Four additional awards of $250 each will be made based on the outcome of the judging that day.
All faculty, students and staff are invited to attend this exciting demonstration of our students’ work and talent.